Wednesday, December 3, 2014

FOA Reflection

In my further oral activity I had to discuss about how media was showing us the way in which the society is being affected by the addiction to drugs. In my opinion I think that I covered all what we have learnt about breaking down an advertisement by recognizing the theme of the advertisement, the purpose of the advertisement, the targeted audience, the connection of the structure of the advertisement with the theme of the advertisement, the persuasive technique used by the advertisement and the persuasive language used by the advertisement. In my opinion, my presentation was structured properly, I understood all the language that was needed for this presentation, and I could recognize all the characteristics of the advertisement properly. On the other hand, my nervousness affected in a bad way the first two minutes of my presentation. Looking at the criteria I believe that I covered all the criterions that are listed. I chose this advertisements because I thought that they were transmitting pretty well the reality of the situation of how drugs are affecting individuals of society nowadays.
Besides of this, completing this activity has helped me to understand how advertisements are structured and developed to persuade the society. Lastly, I think that this presentation has helped me to understand how to structure a presentation, and besides of this, it has helped me to express myself properly, so that the people that is in front of me can understand perfectly the ideas that are being discussed in a presentation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment